Saturday, September 09, 2006

Places I've Been

Here is a sampling of some of the places I've been this week; I hope these blogs are as beneficial to you as they were to me.

First on my list is the new Mom's For Modesty campaign as started by Everyday Mommy. Take a moment to check out the post that started it all by visiting Mom’s for Modesty.

Second on my list is a daily prayer guide called Sacred Space that was recommended to my by a co-worker. Check it out.

On the five year anniversary of 9/11 there are a number of tremendously uplifting and honoring sites to visit and find encouragement. One that I am very fond of is a collaboration of individual bloggers who have volunteered to write a memorial piece for every person who died on 9/11. Visit the site that started it all at 2,996 and check back here on Monday to read my memorial of Gina Sztejnberg.

Finally, I saw a very heart warming and uplifting presentation last night on ABC Primetime with Diane Sawyer called The 9/11 Babies: Five Years Later that featured a follow-up on all of the babies born to families who lost loved ones on 9/11. As the wife of a firefighter, one of my greatest fears involves raising my son without his father so this piece was especially moving for me. Check out this site and the photos of the beautiful children and experience the joy of new life in the midst of great tragedy.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Where have you been this week?

No comments: