Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Extraordinary News

This week's edition of Extraordinary News is the story of Seiji Uchida, a two-decade quadriplegic man, who was able to fulfill his dream of hiking the Klein Matterhorn in Switzerland thanks to a piggy-back ride from a close friend. Yes, you read that right...his friend hiked the mountain with the quadriplegic man riding piggy-back (he was aided by a robotic exo-skeleton). To read this story as reported by the Washington Post, go to Quadriplegic Hiker Realizes His Dream (be sure to click on the picture).

I don't know about you but I don't know many people who would hike a mountain with me on their back and I am not so sure there are many people I would do that for. What is the most amazing thing a friend has done for you?

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.
John 15:12-14

Your thoughts?

No comments: