Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hold On Tight

It started two weeks ago when I walked in to check on my little man during his nap and saw him standing up in his crib. I was shocked because he had only crawled for the first time earlier that morning. As the days went by I found that anytime I put him in the crib that only a few minutes would go by before I would find him standing again. Normally I would reach into the crib and he would let go so that I could pick him up and lay him down again. However, today after his nap I found him standing again, only this time he was on the side of the crib facing the wall so that he couldn’t see me. I reached in underneath his arms to pick him up but he wouldn’t let go. I spoke to him and leaned in so he could see my face but he still wouldn’t let go. I reached over to his hands and began to pry them from the crib rails and he cried in protest but once I turned him around he saw my face he stopped crying.

I can relate with my son’s fears as I recall the times in my life when God has called me to step out on faith. Holding on to the railing and staying where I felt comfortable and safe would definitely be the easiest path but not until I let go of the “railing” and lean on God will I truly discover all that he has to offer me.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Your thoughts?

No comments: