Saturday, August 12, 2006

Places I've Been

This week I was blessed to be able to attend The Leadership Summit as hosted by the Willow Creek Association and simulcast by Lake Pointe Church. I am renewed and refreshed from sitting in the presence of great leaders (Bill Hybels, James Meeks, Andy Stanley, Jim Collins, Bono and so many more) and have quite the list of books to pick up this week as I work through some of the challenges presented in the past three days.

Although I normally highlight blogs of interest, I haven't had much of a chance to visit other blogs while attending the Leadership Summit. Instead, I want to point you towards some of the wonderful things I discovered at this year's conference. I hope this information and these resources are as beneficial to you as they were to me.

Number one on my list is an experience that can only be understood firsthand. Take a moment to check out Willow Creek's Sand Painter for a tremendous experience in God-honoring art (click on preview for a short sample of this beautiful artform).

Number two on my list is a book by Andy Stanley called Choosing to Cheat: Who Wins When Work And Family Collide. I had the privilege of hearing Andy Stanley speak on the subject of this book in a session entitled Focused Leadership. Let's just say that as a young mom working in a growing church....this subject really sent me to my knees in prayer. Check it out....I will be!

Number three on my list is One: The Campaign To Make Poverty History. Apparently my head has been in the sand for the past few years because although I have spent time in Africa and am very aware of the AIDS pandemic, I really knew nothing of the The One Campaign until I heard Bill Hybel's Leadership Summit interview of Bono (of U2).

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Where have you been this week?

No comments: